Post heart bypass surgery side effects
I am a 69 year old mail in otherwise good health and condition except for: I under went heart bypass surgery X 7 in June 2005.

Ever since then I have experienced a shortness of breath and lack of stamina. EG: I walk every day between two and four Kilometers without any problems, however if I start to jog at a fairly slow pace I begin to experience a shortness of breath (winded) after only 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
During my annual stress test, It is always the shortness of breath that stops me from continuing on and not any signs of chest pains. The cardiologist when questioned does not comment.
My lungs are clear, no signs of Bronchitis or emphysema, this after tests were conducted.
The feeling is that I am not inhaling enough oxygen OR my blood is not being sufficiently oxygenated.
Prior to my surgery I ALWAYS had enough energy to go the extra mile.

I have questioned other recipients of heart bypass surgery and none of them have this side effect.

Is this a common problem with us post "by passers" and/or does the cardiologist not want to tell me "everything"

Thanks, Manxman
What you are describing brings back memories for me. However, my symptoms occurred only three months after surgey. A new angiogram was taken which revealed
that two or the three bypass conduits had closed up.
I am surprised that a scan or angiogram hasn't been scheduled to check your anatomy.
However, in some circumstances it seems that if you can walk a certain distance, that is classed as adequate. I remember telling one cardiologist that I could walk 5 miles but
couldn't run or ride a bicycle. He then decided against treatment until I reminded him that
I could only walk 5 miles thanks to strong beta blockers. This is when they decided to
do a CABGx3 which failed. You say you have spoken to others who have had bypass surgery but no such symptoms. I ask you to visit a hospital cardiac ward and see how many people are there with failed bypasses. You may simply need a stent in one of the
bypass conduits but we can guess all day, you need a scan or angiogram.