Heart Disease Expert Forum
PostPartumCardiomyopothy or not?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

PostPartumCardiomyopothy or not?

Hi, I have been diagnosed with PPCM....But now my cardiologist thinks that it may have come from my high blood pressure. I was at an ef of 15% and my pressure was 170/120. Within 10 weeks I went to 50, and doc believes I will recover fully, but they cnat seem to control my pressure, again at 168/128. I was diagnosed as pre-eclamptic. What do you think the chances are that I actually had chronic hypertension? I have nothing to go on becasue I had not seen a doc for 4 years befor the pregnancy. Cant untreated high bloodpressure lead to cardiomyopathy which leads to CHF? I really want to have another baby, so thats why im trying to find out everything that I can.
   Thanks,
      Justine