Pradaxa vs Plavix
Dear Doctors, need advice from the experts. 6 years on Plavix for 5 DES stents. Last week event monior picked up Atrial Flutter in upper atrium . (Have had sporadic 5-8 seconds of irregular HR and lightheadedness when these irregular heart beats occur, for the past 3 years)
Doctor RX'd Pradaxa and told me to get off Plavix. No other information from this doctor.  I am trying to do my own research as to whether I should take this med and get off Plavix or whether I can take Plavix also....or just stay on Plavix and veto the Pradaxa.  I am 74 years old.  I am also on Nexium for severe gerd, Crestor, Avalide 150/12.5 and Lopressor and B12 Injections and 5,000mg of Vitamin D daily and Synthroid for hashimoto's...TSH is in the 5-9 range. I also take .375 Bayer, daily, for chronic siunus headaches and Advil for my bum knee.  Have you seen patient's like me in this dilemna.  Would coumadin be better?  Pradaxa is soooooooooo expensive.  The bottle is sittingt here for 4 days now and I am too scard to take it.  Still taking Plavix.....Is atrial flutter that comes and goes serious?  Thanks for your time and your help