Precautions for Open Heart Surgery-MVR
Dear Sir,

Thanks for the 'heart'ful coperation....

My mother (Age: 47) has joined a hospital with Chest pain and breathing problem complaints. The doctors has suggested to undergo an open heart surgery...for the replacemnet of the valve. They said its MVR..and hence Angioplasty may not be suitable for this...But I am afaraid as Open Heart is a risky one...

She is undergoing the surgery on 22/07/2010. Please let me know if there are any alternative methods for this problem..Earlier she was using some homeopathic medicines and used to complain that consuming other type of medicines makes her body feeling numb...Is there any complications after/before surgery with this medicines...Also, please let me know the precautions to be taken before & after surgery....

--
Always obedient to You....
Venkat
There are no medications or homeopathic medicines for MVR. There is an angio (vessel)procedure for mitral valve stenosis.  Stenosis is a narrowing of the valve opening, and sometimes a ballon is passed through the femoral vein to the valve and inflated to widen the opening.  

If the valve opening is large, sometimes the procedure can be done by passing through the vessel and place a ring around the valve opening to reduce the size.  

Then there can be a minimum invasive procedure to repair the valve that doesn't require the full opening of the chest wall.  If the valve requires replacement, then the open heart surgery is required.

Some medications can damage heart valves, and I practicing doctor should know and would be the best source for that information.
Thanks for the Info Kenkeith....

Could you let me know are there any food items which are not supposed to be consumed by a MVR patient...
Your welcome.  I don't know of any specific food to avoid with MVR.  To maintain good general health with proper diet, exercise, etc. will reduce the heart's burden and increase functionality.  The heart needs to work somewhat harder with MVR as some of the oxygenated blood does not get into circulation with each heartbeat.  For compenstion of that deficit, the heart needs to beat a little faster, etc.  
Take care and thanks for sharing.
I have a question...

How far Unani medcine is a solution for MVR? I heard that Once a patient consumes Unani medicine, other medicines will not work on the patient in their future. How far is it true?

Waiting for your response....
I have not read anything that supports nor anything to the contrary.  I don't know.  You could post your inquiry to the pharmacist forum.
I have done MVR operation in 2005 year and I was get married in 2011 year.we like kids.can i be a mother?