Heart Disease Community
Pregnant 23 weeks with shortness of breath and feeling as heart pounds

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Hi I'm 28 years old and I'm pregnant with my 4th child 23 weeks.  I have been experiencing shortness of breath since January 2010 which would be the beginning of my pregnancy.  I recently started feeling worse and I can't even take my 1 yr old a bath without feeling short of breath.  I recently started to feel weak in my arms and legs along with the shortness of breath and the feeling that my heart is pounding.  I also have high Blood pressure since my pregnancy and I take 500 mg of aldomet twice a day to control it.  I also went to emergency yesterday feeling short of breath, heart palpitations and weak in my arms and legs with the feeling that my heart was pounding and constant burping.  My EKG was normal and so was my blood work.  could there still be something wrong with my heart???  Or is it common for pregnant women to feel this way??
Also I was on a monitor to monitor my heart rate and it was 80's to 90's which the doctor told me was normal.