Present Condition
I am 53 years old ,with known MVP of both leaflets.Earlier i used to suffer from arrhythmia with heart and have been admitted for emergency treatment.Advised to take 50 mg of tenormin once daily. Three years back I did a stress thalium test which indicated Severe irreversibile perfusion defect in RCA territory of Inferior wall and mild irreversibile perfusion defect in LCX territory.I have been advised to take 75 mg of Ecosporin and 10 mg of Atorva daily.I have occasional angina pain for a few moments,only .

I do regular checks once in a year atleast including treadmill and echo.on the treadmill i achieve double product of 17400 on bruce protocol by performing 10.7 mets in 10.01 minutes,no angina,no ST changes,My blood results are normal as per doctor.Total cholostrol 138,HDL-38,LDL-87Triglycerides-122,VLDL-24,fasting 103,PP-112.Lipids-3.6,SGPOT19,SGPT32,SODIUM 137,Potssium 4.4, Echo reports show EF of 65 %.no abnormalities of chamber. My doctor advise regular walks and less fatty foods.I walk about 40 mts a day.take only vegetarian food,stopped smoking 22 years back,dont drink,stopped tea and coffee.

Do i need to take any more tests sometimes i get worried when i get pain in the left side of chest ,i do have a  lot of gastric problems.Please advice

regards
chandru

Your heart's capacitiy to pump is very good (normal EF 55-75%).  Your tonormin is for your prior arrhythmia and apparently effective.  Atorva can help lower your lipid levels.  You have changed some risk factors for a heart issue, and that is helpful as well.

Your healthy lifestyle etc. may have prevented any progression of plaque in the vessels noted, but there may be additional blockage that could limit the blood flow to your heart cells. If the left sided pain is the result of any vessel blockage, the pain usually occurs with exertion and pain subsides with rest.  I have blocked vessels and take a nitrate to avoid any chest pain when working out.

If there is to be a test, it would probably would be a stress test to evaluate your previously blocked vessels and any new lesions.

Thanks for sharing, and if the chest pain persists you may want to consult with your doctor to rule out any serious medical problem.