Heart Disease Expert Forum
Profuse sweating and tingling in fingers and toes

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Twice in the last two weeks my wife has suddenly said," I don't feel well". she then went back to the bathroom. five minutes later i found her lying on the floor sweating profusely. she said that she had tingling in her fingers and toes. After lying down for about one hour she reported that she felt much better an hour later she seemed perfectly normal. any ideas what is causing this? i am worrying about a heart problem.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Dear achillea,

It is hard to give you an accurate diagnosis over the internet but I will try to give you some possibilities.
The symptoms that you describe are referred to as "syncope" in medical terminology and have several causes ranging from cardiac to neurolgic to vagal. The latter is the most common cause. You do not mention the age of your wife or the circumstances preceding the event but some causes are more prevalent in certain age groups.
I would advise you to seek medical opinion at the earliest in order to begin work up of the cause of syncope.
It could certainly be cardiac in nature and that could be secondary to a blocked coronary artery or an abnormal heart rhythm.
Hope that helps

CCFHeartMD19
Your wife is fainting for some unknown reason, showing  symptoms of shock.  There are many causes of shock, some trivial, and some very dangerous (such as internal bleeding).  She must see a doctor ASAP, even though she feels better in a while after these episodes.

If this occurs again before her appointment with her doc, call 911, and she will get a preliminary assessment during the event.

Do not fool around with this.  It could be very serious.
I mislead you with my original question. My wife did not faint. She took off her outer clothes and laid down beside the toilet because she thought that she was going to throw up. When i found her she was soaking wet with sweat.She said that her toes and fingers were tingling.The second time she laid down on the bed but again she was sweaty from head to foot