Pulmonary Embolism
Hi!

I'm 21 years old. Relatively, healthy. I have been checked for  thyroid, hypertension, blood pressure, diabetes and everything has come back normal.

In October of 2010 I was at a grocery store. All of a sudden I felt light headed, the world sounded far and I felt short of breath. I was taken to the ER and was told I had suffered an anxiety attack. I had one more a month later and haven't felt that way since.
Along with that I suffered chronic headaches and I thought maybe that was causing those brief moments of feeling that way. I had an MRI done Jan 12th and everything also came back normal.

Recent new symptoms have been pain on the right side of my right breast. When I breathe in it hurts. The pain is NOT crippling and every other breathe will have pain, not all of them. I do take the birth control pill and I just want to make sure that pulmonary embolism is not a factor? What are the symptoms for that?
I'm kind of scared.

Advice is appreciated.

Thank you!
Common signs and symptoms for PE include: Chest pain. The pain may become worse when you breathe deeply, cough, eat, bend or stoop. The pain will get worse with exertion but won't go away when you rest. Chest pain due to the heart will usually be the result of exertion and subside with reat.  There can be shortness of breath and coush that may produce blood steaked sputum. Additionally,
■Wheezing
■Leg swelling
■Clammy or bluish-colored skin
■Excessive sweating
■Rapid or irregular heartbeat
■Weak pulse
■Lightheadedness or fainting

You do have some of the symptoms, and you may want to contact your doctor to evaluate. Thanks for sharing, and if you have any other comments or questions you are welcome to respond.  Take care and I wish you well going forward.

Ken