Pulse always High
I am 39 year old male and for as long as I can remember my resting pulse has been in the upper 90s to low 100s.  I have been asking doctors about this since I was about 16 years old and the typical answer is, "You just have a high pulse rate"  one even said it was due to my high matabolism.  I was always active, I was a high school athlete and did extensive cardio training for hours every day.  I later went on and ran marathons during which I used a pulse monitor.  By about 6 miles into a long run or marathon my pulse would hit about 165 and stay fairly consistant unless I really pushed it then I would go as high as the upper 180s and would sustain there for as long as I kept pushing, sometines up to 2 hours.  I never really felt winded, or short of breath more than what would be considerred normal for running those distances and never felt dizzy or disoriented which I would have expected for a pulse rate that high. This is this something I have worried about for over 20 years, do I need to be concerned? I am 39 years old 5'6" currently 165lbs but up until about 5 years ago I had never been over 125 Lbs.  

This discussion is related to What is a normal pulse rate ?.
Mine usually stays in the 90's and I am not active. We being close to the same age, this sort of hits home. My doctor has never seemed concerned for mine which is borderline high. I think my problem is drinking to many caffeinated diet drinks.