Heart Disease Expert Forum
Pulse noticeable under skin

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Pulse noticeable under skin

Over the past few weeks and months I have noticed my pulse throbbing underneath my skin.  If my arms are relaxed I can see the skin moved by my pulse in my armpits, inside of elbows, wrist with artery into hand and more recently, my neck and a vein by my temple.  My pulse has remained normal, around 58-60 bpm, but actually seeing my pulse beat 'seemingly stronger' has me a bit concerned since I'm sure I have not noticed this previously.  At times I also feel sensation of my heart beating harder though pulse not increased.  I have seen my doctor twice and he has listened and conducted EKGs that have returned perfect results.  I have no other problems and thus doctor has told me it is normal anatomy.  Does this sound like something to be concerned with & get checked further or if no other symptoms, could it be part of normal anatomy?  Thanks.
Tags: Heart
cgil,

thanks for the post.

If your blood pressure is ok and there was nothing concerning on your physical exam, I would really have too much to be concerned about.

good luck
Just wanted to add that I am an active 38 yr old male, about 185 lbs.  Run couple times per week.  Had physical in March with blood tests etc.  All fine.
You paid for this question?
The heart forum is free - it is limited to two questions per day.
Mantel - Why are you being such a jerk to this person. If the issue was not causing them concern they would not be asking the question. This is a forum for support, undeerstanding and answers to questions of concern. They need only apply to the person asking the question and do not have to be important to Mantels to be asked and answered.  The forum is for everyone and not just you!
I have tried for a year to get a question in. No matter how often I try, it is always busy.
And it does cost money, by the way.
I agree with Pulseman.  Why take your anger out on someone, just because you can't post your question??  Many on this forum can give you some tips on how and when to post.
It's a free service.

I would be glad to pay, if it meant keeping unnecessary comments from angry people like you. Wish you well with whatever your health problems may be.
The Heart Forum does not cost money!  Please get your facts straight.  I have asked two questions on the Heart Forum and believe me - IT IS FREE!  
Other forums do cost money - but this one is free - check into it!
Why would you care what someone else asked? What makes you think that whatever you would ask would be of any interest to anyone else?  And if you've been paying money to use it, you might want to check into where that money has been going.
Thanks for the response.  I realize people are asking some very serious questions here & I am almost embarrassed by my question but would not have asked if it did not overly concern me, especially since it just seemed to start happening recently.  I appreciate the understanding of those who responded here today.  Thanks.
I agree completely with sassy1.  The question one person asks does not have to be relevent in any way to anyone else.  As long as it is something that concerns the "asker", well then that is all that matters.  Good luck.
cgil, I understand how disturbing it is to be able to see the pulsation of your pulses. I haven't noticed the pulsations in my arms but I have palpitations and I've seen the pulsations in my chest. I'm only 24 years old and it scared me to death the first time I noticed it. After having medical workup and spending out money in hopes of finding out what's going on, I allowed myself to trust in the medical staff that it's nothing to be concerned about.
NORMAL.........PERFECTLY NORMAL ANATOMY.......
Before I was put on high BP meds I used to see my heart beating strong in the front of my neck (throat area), also strong in the wrist areas.  My pulse always was between 54-60.  Since I'm on BP meds I see none of this anymore, very little in the wrists area.  My BP is on the low side since I've been put on meds.  You can have a slow heart rate and still have high BP.  I'd suggest to get yourself a home BP monitor to see what your BP is throughout the day.