Pulse visible on arteries - particularly left ulnar artery?
Could anything besides aortic regurgitation/valve issues cause ulnar pulses to be visible?
I've had some symptoms but no echo yet.
- 35 MWM, BMI 29.7, no health issues
- BP 120s/70s
- HR low 60s at rest
- Cholesterol up this year. 2005 and before, 160s Tot/~100LDL/~100TG. 12/2006 220TOT/155LDL/195TG.
- Only family history is dad had stroke/heart attack.
Past 2 yr symptoms:
- Presynoscope - Occasionally close to fainting, mostly on onset of symptoms
- Chest pains - Most occurred 2 yrs ago. Docs thought GERD.
- Bradycardia - 2 weeks HR in 40s. Blood OK with 2-day holter showing 15 PACs. Docs thought vagal-related
- Premature beats - 4-6 months ago, had multiple day runs of very frequent premature beats. Docs saw on Holter & thought benign. Bloodwork OK.
- Head Vibrations - 2-8 months ago my head started vibrating - 1st with pulse then at 6x speed. BP/HR always "normal". Brain MRI & bloodwork OK
- Severe abdominal pains - Just a few times, waking me up, and lasting < 1 hour. Worried it could be aorta issue
- "Feeling" pulse/muscle spasms - 6 months ago - current. Feel pulse in hands & fingers sometimes when touching items (i.e. phone) or laying down. BP/HR always normal.
- "Seeing" pulse - I'm not thin yet my stomach often "bounces"
- LH ulnar pulse usually visible (noticed when started having severe spasms on left pinkie).
- Right ulnar started pulsating a cpl days ago.
- Tonight my neck was pulsing but maybe I just read too much!
I have much the same symptoms as you, My pulse is strong and I can see my pulse in my neck. When I lay my head on my pillow I can hear my pulse and I can feel my pulse all the time. There have been many times I feel as if I am going to faint and I am always lightheaded. I have chest pain everyday.
I have had a battery of tests and the only thing that have been reported is Aortic insufficency, which all doctors I have seem tell me that this condition would not cause these symptoms.
I would recommened you have an echo done I have had two done and this is what they have found, all other tests normal. I would like to know what else would cause these symptoms as well.
Copyright 1994-2016 MedHelp International. All rights reserved.
MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.