Heart Disease Expert Forum
Pvc and low qrs issues

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Pvc and low qrs issues

I have severe chronic illness which has lead to malnutrition for 21 years. I have had a previous pericardial effusion which did get better. I now have a suspected TIA 3 mths ago and since then i have had severe dizzyness, short breath, muscle weakness when walking etc. my heart rate has always been 50 bpm , now its resting rate is 75 bpm and increases to 105 bp on standing up. I had an ecg done due to fainting and all it says is there are alot of artefacts , low qrs in limb leads and more than one premature ventricular contraction. Its just a quick ecg done at my doctors and i am booked for an echo and appt with a cardio and a neuro as some autonomic issues may be underlying also. Can anyone pls explain if these results indicate pericardial effusion again or something else? I am soooo dizzy , weak and a bit confused as to why i wasnt refered anywhere right now as i have fainted 3 times already.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Dear lisaph93,

I am sorry to hear that you are having so much trouble due to your illness and hope that you feel better soon.
It is obviously very difficult to give you accurate answers over an online portal like this, as you happen to have a complicated medical history and I am not certain of all the details.
The recurrence of pericardial effusion in your case would depend on the cause of pericardial effusion in the first case. I am not sure if that was found the last time.
Fainting or dizziness may have a lot of causes and would need to be worked up. Your symptoms are not specifically suggestive of a pericardial effusion, although given your history it would certainly be prudent to repeat an echocardiogram (that you have planned).
You might discuss with your cardiologist about the possibility of performing a Holter monitor which records heart rhythms continously for a period of 24-48 hours and that will help assess the burden of PVCs or abnormal heart rhythms that you have.
That being said, it is very possible that your symptoms are not related to the heart and may be related to nervous / autonomic system disorders or due to chronic malnutrition.
I think that you are doing the right thing by getting a thorough cardiac and neurological evaluation.
Hope that helps

CCFHeartMD19