Heart Disease Community
QUESTION ABOUT THE HUMAN HEART

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

QUESTION ABOUT THE HUMAN HEART

I HAVE A SERIOUS QUESTION....SINCE I CAN EVEN REMEMBER..I ALWAYS FELT AS IF I HAD A SERIOUS HEART PROBLEM...THIS IS MY QUESTION....WHEN I EAT, WORKOUT, DRINK, DOING SOMETHING ACTIVE...IT FEELS LIKE MY HEART HAS A COOLING SENSATION THAT LASTS FOR ABOUT 2-3 SECONDS....AND IT ALSO FEELS AS IF MY HEART IS LEAKING....IM NOT SAYING THAT IS HAPPENING BUT THATS WHAT I FEEL AT TIMES...FOR ABOUT 2-3 SECONDS...ANOTHER THING IS THAT I SOMETIMES CAN FEEL MY OWN HEARTBEAT...FOR ABOUT 2-3 SECONDS...NO BIGGIE. I HAVE NO CHEST PAIN OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT...JUST GET WORRIED....IS IT POSSIBLE TO HAVE WORMS LIVING IN YOUR HEART??? JUST A QUESTION THANKS
Sounds like you are doing what I did in my early 20's.
It's called Somatization Disorder. And remember your throat (esophagus) is really close to your heart, some closer than others. I had the same sometimes as I said; you're prob just fine like I was...

.http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/918628-overview

READ EVERYTHING I am not saying we are crazy, but I created my stuff... and then stopped...your thinking can be,  screwing you up, mine did.
If you're still not sure, go to a DR. physical and/or mental and get looked at... God Bless my friend...

Didn't you ask this as another screen name earlier today?
no i havent
Well, OK. Seem s odd though, two 21 year old guys from NYC that are members since June 2010 asking about heart worms for the first time on this forum with the same description of symptoms, not that it matters, just curious.................

LOL ok yea it is me again lol......i had to make a new 1 cause i didnt remember my name or password...lol
hey i read everything....scary thing is that you might be right. Im not gonna lie i do think of a new health problem i have all the time....it is scary because i get my self paranoid, depressed, and just scared. how did you stop havin these thoughts??? i mean honestly to me...i do my research online and it just gives me scary info and then i start diagnose myself with something...for example. since i was 17 i was always paranoid about HIV and Cancer..even tho i always used protection i went crazy and started to think i have it....it does scare me cause i know i can be like that and i just keep on gettin negative thoughts about myself and just make myself more depressed....can you just tell me how did you overcome it..and how did it mess u up? and also i dont want to be on medication cause i feel like im to young for it
With all do respect you should seek out some Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to help you deal with the obsession and anxiety over your health.
Do you count things? Like stairs, or steps you walk, or a certain routine for brushing you hair or teeth or must spin a certain way if you turn to the right or left? Spit in your shirt or a napkin? Or touch something a certain amount of times? Or some other rituals you must do? If not good, if so not bad, but a sign of OCD. The self diagnosis is your enemy. Ever hear the saying, "you know just enough to be dangerous"? Well, there you go. Somatization Disorder could be the answer OR just a slight case of OCD OR a slight case of hypochondria OR a mixture of some or it's just way you are and you must learn to deal with it. You may just have a time on your hands and your life is going well and you have nothing to worry about soooo, you make yourself worry. YBTW, medical students have what you have because of all the illnesses they study, so you're in good company. IT'S YOU THINKING THAT IS SCREWING YOU UP....YOU CAN BEAT THIS THING and Trackmom gives good advice. God Speed and keep in contact my friend. Oh yeah, I was born in Jamaica, Queens.