Aa
A
A
Close
Question about BP - Pounding stomach after eating/exercise
I am 26 years old, male, normal heart exams.  My BP is usually about 120/80.  

Most of the time I can barely see my stomach moving with my heart, but sometimes it gets really noticable, and I feel my entire stomach area move and see it clearly too.  It seems like my pulse gets stronger than usual.  It happens after a heavy meal or exercise for example. Also at times, my neck pulse seems to be more visible.

If I can see my stomach beating stronger than usual with my heart after a heavy meal or exercise, am I suffering bouts of high blood pressure?  It seems logical but everything I read says the opposite - that eating and exercise will cause lower blood pressure for a while.  Can the lower blood pressure be somehow causing the stronger heart beats? It seems like a paradox to me!

Does this happen to anyone else?
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
116881_tn?1189759423
I have HBP and a heavy meal or excersise  will temporarily raise my blood pressure.  I was dx'd with HBP at 23 so I have been dealing with this for a while.  Im 39 now.  If youre concerned you could buy yourself a $40 blood pressure kit for home and track it or you could run up to the grocery store and take it when you are feeling that way.   A pounding heart does not mean you have HBP.  You can have a pounding heart without.
Comment
Cancel
116881_tn?1189759423
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
my stomach is always like that

even back when i was 17 and ran every day and had a bp of 100/60
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Question about BP - Pounding stomach after eating/exercise
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
BloodPressure Tracker
Monitor Your Blood Pressure
Start Tracking Now
Blank
HeartRhythm Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
675718_tn?1449992146
Blank
drifter0213 commented on 0213
5 hrs ago
Blank
Paxiled commented on Men How to Keep It UP...
6 hrs ago
Blank
Paxiled commented on Some Foods From The O...
6 hrs ago
Heart Disease Community Resources