Question about my Atrial fibrillilation, etc
Asking this on my mom's behalf...she was being treated for SVT for 2+ years and recently underwent the EP study which revealed no SVT. Instead she was diagnosed with atrial fibrillation and bradycardia. She was on Tambocor and Verapamil and within days of starting these she became severely depressed. Now she is only on Verapamil, but still very anxious, nervous and not able to function basically. She says that if she turns her head a certain way, that she feels numbness in her hands & feet, sees stars and begins to have palps. She doesn't see her cardio again until next month and her primary dr wants her to take lexapro which made her very sick (heartburn, etc). I don't know what to do to help her and she is not talking to anyone, I believe she has just given up. Has anyone experienced anything like this?
I don't think Lexapro is the answer.  I think her cardio needs to adjust her heart meds.  Any chance she can see him sooner?