REPOSTING /SPORTS
I'm 28 6'2 180 athlete and on June 19, 2007 I collasped while playing semi-pro football. They said I had sudden cardic death because a virus had attack my heart. They was scar tissue found in my heart also.So I got a defibulator put in. When I went to the Cleveland Clinic my heart function was at 25% now the last time I got tested like 3 months ago it was up to 40%. Well they said I could start to exercise again so I started playing basketball one time per week. Everything was going good until one week I decide to play three times. Well the third time it was about 9am on a sunday and I just started to play in my league when all of a sudden I thought I was going to pass out. I made it to the bench but right when I sat down I got shocked by my defibulator. It was so powerful but it did work and I felt good after. My question is do you think I can go back to playing one time per week? Also its only been 7 months do you think my heart could still get back to 100% with time. Please give me your advice I want to play so bad but I'm scared to get shocked again. They said my heart went to 230bpm right before it shocked me. I also have two kids wife big house payment with another baby on the way june 9. Thanks
You should contact your cardiologist and tell him you are still feeling faint.  There may somthing more he can do for you.   He is also the person to ask if you should still be participating in sports with a defibulator.  That might be dangerous in your situation.  Your health is more important than anything!!
I have to say your health and family are way more important than extra curricular activities. As a very avid fitness NUT, my world was turned upside down when my heart condition decided to rear it's ugly head. Although I can't workout the way I use to I am thankful that I can stick around to enjoy my family. Definately see your cardio again... best wishes.