Heart Disease Expert Forum
RVOT Ablation

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

RVOT Ablation

Thanks in advance for your time/advice.
33 yr old Fem, per recent EPS diagnosed with RVOT issue, presents as frquent bigeminy PVC's and one 3 beat episode of VT which was of a different morphology. The VT occurred while hospitalized on anti arrhythmic drugs. Is it likely VT was from drugs?
I have had many episodes of near syncope and 2 true syncope.  I often feel very dizzy, lightheaded and fatigued even when PVC's aren't present. Dr. says I typically run low BP and heart rate. I often am awoken at night with racing heart, feeling faint w/ diarhea (diarrhea).  Seems like several differnt issues.
What symptoms could RVOT ablation resolve? I am told RVOT is uncommon, my doc has only done 30-40 of these type ablations, but did his fellowship with SOnny Jackman. is this type of ablation for high volume center? What are chances of exacerbating symptoms as result of ablation?
Does is make sense to see a neurologist or someone to help tune up autonomic system which seems to have issues?  Still trying to find the cause and not just treat symtoms (symptoms).
Thank you very much, this is an extremely valuable resource,
che.
che, thanks for the post.

33 yr old Fem, per recent EPS diagnosed with RVOT issue, presents as frquent bigeminy PVC's and one 3 beat episode of VT which was of a different morphology. The VT occurred while hospitalized on anti arrhythmic drugs.

Is it likely VT was from drugs?

IM not sure when it occured in relation to the drugs. While antiarrythmics can cause arrythmias, it sounds like your EP thinks that it it a separate issue.

What symptoms could RVOT ablation resolve?

If the arrythmia is causing your symptoms it could resolve your symptoms. I would want to make sure they are correlated.

I am told RVOT is uncommon, my doc has only done 30-40 of these type ablations, but did his fellowship with SOnny Jackman. is this type of ablation for high volume center?

Dr. Jackman is a resepcted cardiologist and electrophysiologist. I would also inquire of the success rate of your EP with the procedure.

What are chances of exacerbating symptoms as result of ablation?

Any procedure carries risk. While it probably wont make the arrythmia worse there is a chance of bleeding, rhythm problems up to death. I would discuss those specific risk with your EP.

Does is make sense to see a neurologist or someone to help tune up autonomic system which seems to have issues?

No. Its a separate problem out of the realm of a neurologist.

Still trying to find the cause and not just treat symtoms (symptoms).

The cause is some of the muscle cells in the heart are abnormal.  You were born with them. Some RVOT VT can be treated with medicines and an ablation is usually effective in treating it also.

good lcuk
I have RVOT VT and have had several ablations in order to try and cure it.  Ablation has a very high success for RVOT VT.  I however, have not been so lucky.  I'd love to share my ablation experiences and my overall experience with RVOT VT. If you have any questions or want to discuss it, feel free to email me at ***@****.

Ben
A related discussion, RVOT was started.