Racing Heart: Cannot Sleep
What could be causing my heart to race so much?

Every time I lay down, my heart starts to beat faster. Feels more like thumping. It's to the point where I don't go to sleep until 5am the next morning. I'm up for nearly 24 hrs straight...no nap, nothing.

Nowadays, I sleep in a reclining chair or sitting up, because my heart races so much. I don't want to end up having a heart attack at the age of 23 (my age).
How fast is it going?  Sometimes it can feel like it's racing when it isn't.  Does it race only at night?  It sounds to me that you need to contact your doctor for some tests, like a 24 hour monitoring.  Is is unlikely that you would have a heart attack at your age, and heart attacks are not caused by fast heart rates, but by blocked coronary arteries.  See if you can get some answers.
OH MY GOD!!!!I I USE TO EXPERIENCE (PALPATATION ATTACKS) AT LEASE ONCE A YEAR.IT ONLY HAPPENS LATE AT NIGHT WHEN IM ALREADY ASLEEP AND IT WOULD LAST FOR A FEW HRS.NORMALLY I WOULD NOT FALL ASLEEP UNTIL ABOUT 5 OR 6 AM.SCARY FEELING BUT OVER THE YEARS IT SIMPLY JUST WENT AWAY.HOWEVER,ONE OF MY COUSINS EXPEREINCED THE SAME PROBLEMS BUT HE EVENTUALLY HAD SURGERY TO CORRECT HIS PROBLEM.NOT SURE IF IT RUNS IN PARTS OF MY FAMILY BUT MY GRANDMOM(GOD BLESS HER LOVELY SOUL)DIED LAST JULY JUST A COUPLE OF DAYS AFTER HAVING DOUBLE BY PASS SURGERY.BE REMINDED THAT SHE WAS 83 YRS OLD.HOPE YOU WILL FEEL BETTER.