Heart Disease Expert Forum
Racing heart rate
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Racing heart rate

Hi Doctor.  Thank you for this forum.
In the last week, at two seperate times, my heart rate started racing for no apparant reason.  Both times I was sitting still, at rest.  My heart rate had about 12-15 beats real fast, then when back to normal.
I've seen a cardiologist in the last year for irregular heart beats and had a angiogram and a stress echo.  He has told me that my heart is normal and that my arteries are wide open.
This racing heart rate occurance is new.  I am telling myself it is nothing to worry about, but I wanted to run it by you and see what your opinion is.
Thank you.