Heart Disease Expert Forum
Radio Frequency Abaltion
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Radio Frequency Abaltion

Further to my question Supraventricular Tachycardia - Children - Sotalol, which I suggest you read before this as it will give you some insight into our situation.
I have had discussions with our Consultant today, who said there is really no way of knowing whether Teagan learning disability is somehow linked to the Sotalol.  He is recommending an EP study along with  Radio Frequency Ablation.
With a very high success rate, this procedure would mean that Teagan would no longer have to take Sotalol.  
Can you provide me with information that you have on this, and if you have done this procedure to many children, and success rates please.
Thank you.
Mary-Anne McMurray
Anne