Aa
A
A
Close
Rapid Heart Rate when moving in bed
Recently I've developed an annoying problem where my heart races when I've awakened from sleep and I move my body around.  I dont wake up with a fast heart rate but if I move my legs or turn over, my heart starts to pound away.  Its not only at night, I have this happen when I'm napping on the couch as well.  It last for about 20-30 seconds and heart resumes to normal speed until I move again, then it starts pounding.  

My normal BP is 130/81 which is a little high I know.  I'm currently taking Prilosec for acid reflux and 25mg Zoloft.  
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
367994 tn?1304957193
A rapid heart beat (tachycardia) is a side effect of Prilosec and not to be ignored. You should consult with your doctor.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thanks for the reply kenkeith.  I believe this problem started before I began taking the Prilosec, I've only been on that medication for 5 months and also took Nexium and Prevacid to find the one that best suited me.  I'd love to believe it was the Prilosec.  

What would cause it to only happen when I was laying down and on moving?  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
367994 tn?1304957193
I have given you a link to thread that may help you: http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Heart-Disease/palpitations-when-laying-down/show/251047
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
712042 tn?1254572809
Are you sure that you have the increased heart rate when you wake and move, or could it be that you are awakened when the heart rate starts upward, then you waken and start moving and have the increased heart rate? If that is a possibilty ( heart rate up, then you are alerted) then I would consider the possibility of sleep apnea and seek out a Sleep Certified doctor for a sleep test. Best wishes. Joan.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1318997813
Blank
Salt Lake City, UT
11548417 tn?1440481484
Blank
Netherlands
144586 tn?1284669764
Blank
Blank
Blank
Ireland
Blank
BloodPressure Tracker
Monitor Your Blood Pressure
Start Tracking Now
Blank
HeartRhythm Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank
gymdandee commented on Baking Soda May Reduc...
7 hrs ago
317787 tn?1472134636
Blank
Dee1956 commented on Baking Soda May Reduc...
9 hrs ago
Blank
Normal
15 hrs ago by fred256
Heart Disease Community Resources