Heart Disease Expert Forum
Re: AFib and Low Blood Pressure
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank

Re: AFib and Low Blood Pressure

Posted By Jackie on May 18, 1999 at 10:17:53
I am a 62 year old female who has been diagnosed as having lone Afib.  I notice that my episodes of Afib come on when my blood pressure is low.  When I'm in Afib my blood pressure goes very low (86/58).  I do not come out of Afib until my blood pressure goes up.  What is the relationship between Afib and low blood pressure?

Related Discussions
0 Comments
Blank
Posted By CCF CARDIO MD - MTR on May 18, 1999 at 19:15:51

Dear Jackie, thank you for your question.  Low BP should not cause afib.  On the contrary, high BP is usually associated with afib.  However, afib can cause low BP due to the fast heart rate that occurs with afib.   I suggest that you speak with your physician about this association.
I hope you find this information useful.  Information provided in the Heart Forum is for general purposes only.  Specific diagnoses and therapies can only be provided by your physician.   Please don't hesitate to write back if you have further questions.
If you would like to make an appointment at the Cleveland Clinic Heart Center, please call 1-800-223-2273 and ask for cardiology appointments.  Alternatively

Follow Ups:

AFib and Low Blood Pressure Jackie Mossburg 5/18/1999
(3)

Re: AFib and Low Blood Pressure CCF CARDIO MD - MTR 5/19/1999
(2)

AFib and Low Blood Pressure Jackie Mossburg 5/19/1999
(1)

Re: AFib and Low Blood Pressure CCF CARDIO MD - MTR 5/23/1999
(0)

Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment