Heart Disease Expert Forum
Re: Arm tingling and chest pain
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank

Re: Arm tingling and chest pain

Posted By Sean  (england) on August 04, 1999 at 15:53:32
I'm a 24 year old male and about a year ago just as I was going to bed I had a tingling sensation in my lower left arm, and I started to panic, almost hyperventilating.  I went to the doctors the next day and had my heart listened to and my blood pressure taken, they could find nothing, about 6 months ago I had palpitations so I went to the doctor who listened to my heart/lungs and took my blood pressure and told me I had a condition called ventricular ectopics which he said was normal and that quite a number of the population had it, throughout the year I have been having a tingling sensation in my lower left arm which comes and goes...if i feel anxious it's there, also for about 6 years I have had some chest pain throughout both my left and right side, sometimes when I move sometimes when I am resting (especially after vigourous cardio vascular exercise) I still get some chest pain, the doctor can't find anything wrong.  Do you have a suggestion as to why I am having these pains and the tingling (I also have had some shoulder pain which manifests itself if I do shoulder rolls during my exercise routine)  My father has a recent medical and  he is okay. I am slightly overweight, am i right to worry or can my pains simply be caused by anxiety attacks?