Heart Disease Expert Forum
Re: Arrhythmia and Magnesium Supplements

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Posted By Mary on October 23, 1998 at 10:29:07:

In Reply to: Re: Arrhythmia and Magnesium Supplements posted by Sandy on October 20, 1998 at 23:31:26:

:Dear Mary,  I read your concern with magnesium and PVC's and I have to tell you that I too read that if you are low on magnesium it can cause arrhythmias.  I had mine checked with a simple blood test and it was indeed low.  I started a supplement of 200mg of magnesium which I take every day or every other day depending how I feel and want to say that my PVC occurence went in half.  I was getting up to 50 a day and now get around 10-20.  I swear by it.  Before the magnesium, no matter how much I tried not to stress about the PVC's, they still came.  It is a relief to have something that helps, even if its only a little.  I know that I would try anything to reduce them by even one (that's how much I hate them).  Good luck to you and I hope you find that magnesium helps you too.
I am trying a form of magnesium called magnesium glycinate.  It seems to be helping!  Please e-mail me at ***@**** or ***@****