Heart Disease Expert Forum
Re: Coreg & it's side affects

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Re: Coreg & it's side affects
Posted By REX DALE SMITH on February 28, 1999 at 13:17:02:

In Reply to: Coreg & it's side affects posted by Alice on February 17, 1999 at 15:18:53:

My dr. said that Coreg helps people with Cardiomyopathy live longer and this is my 3rd week on the med.
I am having some side affects such as, bad fatigue.  I have been on sick leave for 3 wks.  I am not feeling any better and infact
I am feeling worse than before I started the med.  Will the fatigue go away or is it here to stay?
The dr. said that the medicine has good benefits and try to get through this stage of the drug.
I see my dr again this Friday.  I don't see how I will be able to return to work as tired as I am now.

I FINALLY HAD TO STOP TAKING COREG AFTER MORE THAN SEVEN MONTHS
BECAUSE OF THE SIDE EFFECTS OF FATIGUE.  ALTHOUGH THE SEVERITY
OF THE FATIGUE DECREASE FROM THE FIRST MONTHS, IT NEVER STOPPED.
THE CONSTANT FATIGUE WAS CAUSING DEPRESSION.  AFTER I STOPPED
TAKING THE COREG, THE FATIGUE STOPPED AS DID THE DEPRESSION.