Heart Disease Expert Forum
Re: Dad has Heart Failure, what are the age limits for transplant or No...

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Re: Dad has Heart Failure, what are the age limits for transplant or Novacor?

Posted By John Berton on March 29, 1999 at 14:22:00:

In Reply to: Dad has Heart Failure, what are the age limits for transplant or Novacor? posted by Carl on March 28, 1999 at 14:25:16:

I can't believe that you dad isn't already on the transplant list.  He sures qualifies
I'm not a doctor but i received a heart transplant Feb 28, 1998 at FairFax Hospital
in Fairfax Virginia.  I was so sick that they didn't believe that I could wait for
a transplant so they installed a LVAD (left ventricular assistance device) which is
the same thing as a LVAS.  It gave me strenght enough to leave the hospital and wait for
a new heart.  In three months I received a new heart.  I would highly suggest that
you request that the doctors discuss this with you.
I wish you all the luck in the world and don't give up, God will see him through.
John A. Berton