Heart Disease Expert Forum
Re: Does anyone know of a site where I can find a chart of "Av...
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank

Re: Does anyone know of a site where I can find a chart of "Average Heartrates"?

Posted By CCF CARDIO MD - DLB on February 12, 1999 at 16:10:54:

In Reply to: Does anyone know of a site where I can find a chart of "Average Heartrates"? posted by Nals on February 12, 1999 at 12:26:38:

I'm doing a science project on poeple's heartrates?  Does anyone have a chart where it tells you peoples average heartrates?  Like a 20 year old should have 55 beats per minute of whatever.  Thanks a bunch.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Nals
For adults, the average heart rate is between 60 and 100. Healthy aging does not change this. The ability to increase heart maximal heart rate with exercise, however, becomes diminished as one ages. In addition, various diseases can cause an abnormally high or low heart rate.
I hope this has been useful. I wish you the best of luck. Feel free to write back.
Information provided here is for general purposes only. Specific questions should be addressed to your own doctor. If you would like to make an appointment at the Cleveland Clinic Heart Center, please call 1-800-CCF-CARE or inquire online by using the Heart Center website at www.ccf.org/heartcenter. The Heart Center website contains a directory of the cardiology staff that can be used to select the physician best suited to address your cardiac problem.