Heart Disease Expert Forum
Re: Myocarditis or Myocardiosis? For Help!!!

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Posted By Mike on August 22, 1998 at 04:47:38:

In Reply to: Re: Myocarditis or Myocardiosis? For Help!!! posted by Mike on August 21, 1998 at 22:05:36:

_______

Dear Mike, thank you for your question.  I'm confused about many parts of your question. First, was your ejection fraction (EF) low in the past when you initially had myocarditis?  Second, I don't know what the ventriculus sinister cordis is.  Are you referring to the internal dimensions of the left ventricle?  Finally, what type of arrhythmia do you have?  If you could write back with answers to those questions, I may be able to help you more.  In the meantime, I can write a bit about myocarditis.  Myocarditis is an inflammation of the heart muscle caused by certain viruses, bacteria (in third world countries - most notably South America), and autoimmune diseases (the body attacks its own tissues).  I have never heard the term myocardiosis so let's discard that term.  Treatment of myocarditis depends on the cause.  For this reason, a myocardial biopsy may be done to help determine the cause.  When myocarditis is caused by bacteria or viruses, treatment is rarely successful and the heart can sometimes recover with only supportive treatment.  When it's caused by autoimmune diseases, treatments like steroids can sometimes help.  It sounds like you've fully recovered now since your EF is normal and you have no symptoms.  The EF drops when myocarditis occurs because the heart isn't strong enough to pump blood well.  You appear to have an excellent prognosis since your EF is normal and you have no symptoms, but your cardiologist should be the one to make that determination.  I can see no evidence (from what you've written) that you would develop further cardiac problems in the near future. I'd be happy to respond again if you could provide more information.  I hope you find what I've written useful.  Information provided in the heart forum is for general purposes only.  Specific diagnoses and therapies can only be provided by your physician.
Thank you very much for your answer, I am sorry I did not make my condition clear.first of all, My arrythmia is frequent ventricular premature beats. when I take Amoidaroni Hydrochloridi, my arrythmia can be controlled. otherwise my arrythmia still exists.Other antiarrythmic drugs is worse for me. secondly, The internal dimensions of my left ventricle changed from 50mm two years ago to 57mm now. I didnot take EF examination recently, But My doctor who made the ultrasonic examination said my EF is normal and my heart function looks still Ok. I do not know the EF value exactly. thirdly,I got the term "myocardiosis" from a dictionary, maybe it should be idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy. some doctors said my disease is becoming dilated cardiomyopathy.is that true? How to avoid it? I am eager to know some suggestion from you.