Heart Disease Expert Forum
Re: Pacemaker Syndrome

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Re: Pacemaker Syndrome

Posted By Karen on April 14, 1999 at 10:03:00

Topic Area: Pacemaker
I would appreciate it very much if someone would explain to me Pacemaker Syndrome. I have had a pacemaker for 3 months. Not feeling good.

Topic Area: Pacemaker

Dear Karen, thank you for your question. Pacemaker syndrome can refer to many different situations including new fast rhythm disturbances that are initiated by the pacemaker, problems with the leads and generators, and possibly irritation/infection at the pacemaker implantation site.  If you haven't had your regular pacemaker check via the telephone since your implantation, I suggest that you speak with the office that is following you for the pacemaker and that you insist on an appointment to determine what is going on.  I can't determine the cause of your symptoms in this forum, but I'm sure that the cardiologist who is following you will be able to figure out what is going on.  
I hope you find this information useful.  Information provided in the heart forum is for general purposes only.  Only your physician can provide specific diagnoses and therapies. Please feel free to write back with additional questions.  Good luck!
If you would like to make an appointment at the Cleveland Clinic Heart Center, please call 1-800-CCF-CARE or inquire online by using the Heart Center website at www.ccf.org/heartcenter.   The Heart
Center website contains a directory of the cardiology staff that can be used to select the physician best suited to address your cardiac problem.

Follow Ups: