Heart Disease Expert Forum
Re: Removal of Pacemaker leads

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Re: Removal of Pacemaker leads

Posted By Ali...Jacki, feel free to E-Mail me ,I had leads replaced . on February 24, 1999 at 00:41:16:

In Reply to: Removal of Pacemaker leads posted by Jackie on February 23, 1999 at 12:59:31:

Good Morning, it is me again.  I have another question for you.  The infection in my
pacemaker site is not clearing up, and on Thursday I will find out for sure what avenue
of attack we are going to be taking.  The last appointment, my cardiologist and I spoke
about moving the pace generator and leads to the right side of my chest.  If this is the
plan of attack, that will leave me with three leads on the left side.  I know that these
leads should be removed by a cardiologist specialized in this.  I understand there are
two such doctors in Canada, one in Toronto and one in Vancouver.  
I do not know how they actually go about removing the leads.  Do they have to perform
open heart surgery, or are they able to do it through a cath procedure.  You help in
helping me understand this procedure would be greatly appreciated.