Heart Disease Expert Forum
Re: Web Site Rating Success Rates for Heart Procedures

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Posted By CCF CARDIO MD - CRC on January 17, 1999 at 16:12:39:

In Reply to: Re: Web Site Rating Success Rates for Heart Procedures posted by Denise O on January 17, 1999 at 13:51:47:

I read somewhere that there is a web site that lists the success rates for heart procedures.   I can't seem to pull this up.  Would you know what it is?  Thank you.
******
Hi DLB,
There is a site (US News and World Report Best Hospitals)  and you can type in the specialty area you are interested in to find the best hospitals, but there is none that I know of that ranks heart procedures.  I'm not sure if they give specific statistics other than how the hospital is ranked for that certain specialty.
Maybe the doctor will be able to give you more information, this is just FYI and somewhere perhaps to start.
Denise O.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  
Dear DLB,
Other than the us news site that Denise mentioned I don't know of any other sites.  Anyone else know?
I hope you find this information useful.  Information provided in the heart forum is for general purposes only.  Only your physician can provide specific diagnoses and therapies.  Please feel free to write back with additional questions.
If you would like to make an appointment at the Cleveland Clinic Heart Center, please call 1-800-CCF-CARE or inquire online by using the Heart Center website at www.ccf.org/heartcenter.  The Heart Center website contains a directory of the cardiology staff that can be used to select the physician best suited to address your cardiac problem.