Heart Disease Expert Forum
Re: swishing sound in right ear

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Re: swishing sound in right ear
Posted By Knowitall on November 10, 1998 at 23:14:00:

In Reply to: Re: swishing sound in right ear posted by CCF CARDIO MD-APS on November 10, 1998 at 12:08:34:

I heard swishing sound in right ear as heart accelerates most noteably in quiet environment. It exists when I sit, stand and lay down. I've experienced this for several weeks.
                                           Thanks,
                                                      Peg

_____

: Dear Peg,
This is not an uncommon phenomenon, i.e. to hear your heart beat or sense and elevated blood pressure or pulse in your ear drum.
If you have any decreased hearing however you should see your physician for a test of you ear(s).
I assume that the heart acceleration you are having is something that you expect? Regardless, see your doctor to lets her/him know
about any new symptoms that you are having.  good luck and write back if you have any further questions.
Information provided in the heart forum is intended for general medical informational purposes only, actual
diagnosis and treatment can only be made by your physician(s).