Heart Disease Expert Forum
Reason for concern or not??

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Reason for concern or not??

I am a 32 year old and have recently began to experience weakness in my legs and shortness of breath when I go upstairs. My heart beats fast every time I go upstairs after about the 8th step or so. I also have arm, shoulder and hand pain off and on. It's not a bad pain....more of a range between a dull ache to decently bothersom. I've had a few mild pretty brief sharp pains in my chest but they are just real brieft and not major. I kind of just don't feel well in general and feel tired.  I feel self concious to ask my doctor if any of this should be checked into because  I am already being treated for being vitamin d deficiency and my oxygen level and heart rate are normal when I'm at the doctor. I had one appointment where my blood pressure was high and so was my pulse but they just asked if that was normal for me but they weren't concerned. I feel like I might want to ask if my heart needs to be checked because I don't want anything bad to happen if I could have prevented it. I've never had these symptoms before so I feel a bit concerned. Should I let it go since no doctor seems to be mentioning it as a problem? or ask ?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Taking a proactive role in your health and working in partnership with your doctor is the best thing you can do for your health. You should definitely tell your doctor your concerns so that your doctor can work with you to get an answer!
thank you