Heart Disease Expert Forum
Recommendation for abaltion for SVT

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Recommendation for abaltion for SVT

I have previously posted a question on 1/11/04 about ablation for SVT.

1. Can you please please recommend the best electrophysiologist/hospital in Florida for RF ablation?(U. of Florida @ shands, Mayo clinic jacksonville, U. of Miami etc. and someone on the last post recommend a doctor in Tampa if you able to look back at the post

I know cleveland clinic Ohio is the best but, I am unable to go that far. I would be willing to go to georgia or alabama if you are unaware of a great place in florida for ablation.

I have an appointment with DR. Sergio Pinski @ cleveland clinic florida as I see he had previously worked at cleveland clinic ohio but, the last post stated no recommendation secondary to CC-florida not having extensive expertise in ablation. So I am just going for a second opinion from him since already making the appointment before message was posted.

I am very nervous not only about an ablation but also feeling confident about choosing the best place to trust my heart to.
I am not able to find info on the internet about best places in florida for ablation so I am hoping and praying you can help with a wonderful recommendation for florida or surrounding area.

Thank you for having this forum to help people with questions and concerns. It's easy to trust the #1 heart center. To bad for me your not in my area it would make my situation much easier.

Thank you
Heather
Heather,

Thanks for the post.

I was corrected by one of the EP guys here after my last post.  Dr Sergio Pinski has a great reputation with the CCF Ohio guys, although I have never met him.

Hopefully that will help.  Emory also has a good EP department, but I don't know any of the EPs there.

Good luck.
Sorry I left out Florida hospital orlando as one of the hospitals on my list. I understand they are the busiest for open heart whether thats a good thing or not. I'm not aware of there reputation for ablation.
Heather
I know a doc in Clearwater, Fl. that has an excellent reputation for ablations.  His name is Dr. Gallestegui with Clearwater Cardiovascular Consultants  He is so nice and will make you feel at ease.  They have another EP there also who is very good named Dr. Hazlitt.  Their website, I think, is ccicheart.com.  Good luck.
I know that Angel Leon, chief of cardiology at Emory Crawford Long Hospital, has a wonderful national reputation as a terrific electrophysiologist. Also, at Emory University Hospital, John Beshai has just come on board -- he has a national reputation, too, as a great ep. He's director of the Emory Atrial Fibrillation Center but does ep studies/ablations on other heart conditions. hope this helps! Lynn
New here.  Just found the forum, and am a bit more relaxed that so many of you all have the same problems.  I dont feel so isolated now.  Thanx
Anyway, my question is this: At what stage is 'cryoablation' at CCF?  Is it being used frequently?  How are the results?  Is it being used as much as 'radioablation' for paf and the like?
Could any of you tell me of tsuccess storie as well as disappointments with either proceedure?
thanx
jamo52
A related discussion, Pulmonary Vein Ablation was started.