Recovery at home
I have not had surgery yet, in fact, I am still trying to get over the shock.  I am curious as to what the recovery at home entails.   I live alone and I am wondering if I will be able to take care of myself or if I will need help.  If I will need help, what will I need help with?   I am very independent and prefer to be in my own home.  Plus, I have two dogs who I would want to have around.  Would I be trying to take on too much with them in addition to myself?  

I was told that I need just one artery bypassed and it will be taken from within the heart.  I will not have to have any taken from my legs.

One more thing, being a woman I am aftaid of the scar on my chest.  How bad will it be?  Will it be undectible after a while or very visible for life?  

This discussion is related to Bypass Recovery.
First off, I'd say you will probably be able to handle everything alone.  You will be very weak and sore, though, and you will not feel up to doing very much.  Plus there will be lifting restrictions, and of course you can't vaccuum for a while.

All that being said, try to get someone to stay with you for at least a few days, just to make sure.  The biggest problem I came across during my solo recovery period was having no one to talk to.  It would be good to try to line somebody up, if possible, for phone chats if not in person.  In my case, being alone left waaay too much time for my imagination to run wild, and I'd stress myself right into a panic attack.

Don't worry about that scar.  Wear it like a badge of courage.  It will probably be barely noticeable once it's done healing.  Do be sure to use a heavy-duty sunscreen on it when you get outdoors.

Best of luck with the surgery and recovery.