Heart Disease Expert Forum
Referral to Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy?

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

My son, who had Kawasaki Syndrome as a child, has had irregular heart beat and some chest pain off and on since a young teen. He has been seen by cardiologists, including one in Japan who is experienced in treating adults who had Kawasaki as a child.  No cause has been found for his irregular heartbeat or the fact that his EKG seems to indicate an enlarged heart.  I suspect that he could have Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy, based on his symptoms. He will be traveling to the Houston area, known for cardiology expertise, but could travel anywhere.  Any recommendations or referrals? I'm terrified that he could have a terrible consequence from this symptoms and lack of treatment.
As noted by Flippinpatty - the Texas Heart Institute is an excellent cardiovascular institute with a number of physicians who specialize in different areas of heart disease.  Unfortunately, I do not know anyone personally there for referral.  My recommendation is trying to look on their website and identifying any staff who identify hypertrophic CM as one of their specialties or interests.  Glad Flippinpatty was able to refer you to a specific individual.  If this is not his area of expertise, his office may be of some help in redirecting you to a more appropriate person.
The Texas Heart Institute has great doctors.  A good doctor there is Dr. Patrick Hogan. (713) 791-9400 www.texasheart.org  
Thank you so much for your reply!  I appreciate your recommendation and will follow up.