Reproduction
31yr, Male! Got married JAN 2008! Got diagnosed with DCMP Class IV from Viral Myocarditis in NOV 2008! EF improved from 25% to 33% in Feb 2009! Ectopic beats reduced from 800 to 200. 3 V-runs! Developed enlarged breasts due to Spironolactone! Was shifted to (Amiloride5 Fursemide40) X 1.5, in March! Am on Cordarone200, Losartan50, Clopidogrel75, Digoxin0.25, Carvedilol3.125X2, Alprazolam0.25, L-carnitine500X2. Have lost some interest in sex, and find it difficult to maintain an erection for more than 2mins! Since I am going to be dead within 5yrs, my wife decided to try for a child before it is too late! Are any of the above drugs interfering? I never had problems before! Is it safe to use Viagra for a month? Is it worth the risk? Is Spironolactone better than Amiloride? Are there any forum members with EF<40% alive beyond 5yrs?
And ... I really would hate to leave my wife a single parent, but I would hate myself even more if the child is congenitally deformed! Do any of the above drugs cause genetically defective sperms? Any forum members with EF<40% alive beyond 5yrs without transplants or pacemakers?
Who on earth said you'd be dead in five years?   That is nonsense!!!!!  Unless there's something you haven't mentioned here.  I too have recently been diagnosed with DMC - started with 20% EF, three months later about 25% - so I'd say you're doing GREAT.  I do have the same question about starting the use of Viagra, along with my low BF and Coreg.  All I've read says that each situation is different and, yes "talk to your doctor". Geez.  I too would like to see posts from guys about this issue. I've read (too much!) of conflicting and VERY confusing information.  Hey guy, we ALL have a LOT of apprehension and anxiety about this DCM thing (and of course, ED!!!!)  but you need to somebody to look you straight in the eye like they finally did with me and say "You're NOT going to die, this is serious BUT manageable!!!"  Unless, of course one can die from going soft before you can get the job done!  I'll admit that's pretty dreadful.