Heart Disease Community
Response for Wendy

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Response for Wendy

Wendy, with chronic pericarditis, I too have had chronic pericarditis since May of 2011.  Mine is a result of APS.  I have found that eating gluten free and non-GMO foods has significantly improved the pericarditis symptoms, migraines, and fatigue that comes with auto-immune disorders.  So focus on fresh, organic, whole foods and you will likely see an improvement.  It is very hard at first, but you will learn to find foods you like and that promote your health.  Good luck!

This discussion is related to Resistant Pericarditis.
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Good to see diet is helping with symptoms. Maintain a food diary and note down and monitor your symptoms. This may help to narrow down the search.
Therapy for chronic pericarditis is with NSAIDs. And regular follow up is needed.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.