Aa
A
A
Close
767408 tn?1268982357
Reversible Ischemia in apex
I recently had a nuclear Myocardial Scan.

The report summary was as follows: Positive myocardial scan. There appears to be reversible ischemia around the margins of the apical scar as well as possible inferior wall reversible ischemia.

My cardiologist says very little to me. My questions are:
What does this report mean?
Am I in immediate danger of another MI?
Are the risks high for me if we do a cath?

I have a minor child and am very concerned about this test result.

My MI was (what a paramedic referred to as a "widow maker") Jan 07, and resulted in a stent placed in the LAD. I realize I am very blessed to be alive. Now I would like to do all that is possible to live as long as I am able. I quit smoking right away and have been watching my diet. However I have gained 60 lbs and have severe swelling in my ankles. I take an ace inhibitor, cholesterol medicine, 2 low dose aspirins a day, niacin, calcium, lasix 80 mg, multivitamin, potassium, and a muscle relaxer for my back pain. I experience angina and am taking nitroquick for it as needed.

Thank you.

Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
767408 tn?1268982357
I finally went back to the cath lab.  Had fairly good news...not any bad news.  Things are much the same as they were. My EF was 54% and from reading other posts I have learned that it is within normal range. So I am excited that the EF is that good. I have been watching my diet but still am overweight due to lack of activity. I want to sleep way too much. So....  Promising myself to walk more soon as the weather permits.

Thank you for reading my post and posting your replies to others. All replies are helping several different people.  

Thank you!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1318997813
Blank
Salt Lake City, UT
11548417 tn?1440481484
Blank
Netherlands
144586 tn?1284669764
Blank
Blank
Blank
Ireland
Blank
BloodPressure Tracker
Monitor Your Blood Pressure
Start Tracking Now
Blank
HeartRhythm Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
Blank
GirlyBear15 commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
13 hrs ago
Blank
Hema13 added the Diabetes Tracker
Dec 02
Blank
replytorahul commented on Ear Mystery, Solved
Dec 02
Heart Disease Community Resources