Heart Disease Expert Forum
Right Bundle Branch Block
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Right Bundle Branch Block

My 16 year old son recently had an EKG done by his Pediatrician, as part of a routine sports screening physical.  It came back as showing a right Ventricular Conduction Delay.  He has recommended that my son be seen by a Cardiologist, which we now have an appointment with.  The Cardiologist has ordered an echocardiogram for my son. The readings on the EKG were Rate = 61, PR =159, CRSD = 94, QT = 404 (?-hard to read), QTc = 408, P = 54, QRS = 85, T = 40.  Statement: SINUS RHYTHM --RSR (QR) IN V1/V2 CONSISTENT WITH RIGHT VENTICULAR CONDUCTION.  How concerned should we be about this?  My son has not had any symtoms (symptoms) in the past or in the present.  My understanding is that in the absence of symtoms (symptoms) and with a normal Echo this is benign condition.  Can he continue his normal activities, even before we see the Cardiologist?  Thanks.