Right lung fluid
My Dad is 75 (history of heart disease and is diabetic). He started this dry, persistant cough and was diagnosed w/ pnemonia after a chest exray should fluid.  He took the anti biotic and felt no better.  Then they ordered at Cat scan and found lrg amt of fluid in right lung.  They took 2 quarts of fluid and tested it, but there is nothing showing yet.  Now the right lung is filling up again after only a few days.
They want to go in and drain the fliud and look with a scope ( biopsy is necessary ).
My Dad has lost 25 lbs in 4 week and feels aweful.  He looks bad too.  He wants to stick with the Dr in the local small town and I am trying to get him to go to Mayo. It is only 1.5 hrs from him home.
HELP!!!  I live 8 hours away and feel helpless. Any suggestions?  PAC was mentioned but I do not understand.
Kell