Heart Disease Expert Forum
Right side chest pain?

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Right side chest pain?
I understand that angina "wears many hats" but is it possible to have chest pain on the right side exclusively? Not in the center of the chest but midway between center and extreme right side. I've experienced some sensations there that I wouldn't even classify as pain. They feel as though I am touching my chest for a few seconds and then go away. The same sensation if a person would gently touch their chest with their finger. Some days it happens often and other days nothing. Any idea what this might be? Also, is it possible to experience angina pain and then not feel it again for months later?
What you describe does not sound like angina. However, if you are at risk for coronary artery disease, you should still be evaluated by your doctor.
It is possible to have anginal epsiodes separated by months.
A related discussion, Right side chest and jaw pain was started.