RobertO
I am a 48 year old male in above average physical condition. I have been recently diagnosed with Bradycardia. I have a resting heart rate of 40-48. This includes symptoms of dizziness and fatigue and poor clarity of thought. These symptoms go away when I move around or go jogging. Given, I am still very physically active and excercise is a very important part of my life, is a dual sensor pacer the best choice? If a single sensor is best, what kind?  What about the number of leads? 1 or 2? When tested on the treadmill, my heartrate increases at a normal rate and peaks at a normal heartrate. My problem is when I sit down at the office or home for more than 30 minutes. Then my low rate causes symptoms.
I don't know if there is a size difference in what you might be offered. I have a dual with defib so it is fairly large since it has the built in bug zapper. I am paced at a bit over 50 at rest and it seems to me that the dual pacing is more important when I am doing activities than at rest but I could well be wrong. I didn't check out any devices other than the one I was going to get but if I had a choice between smaller and larger I would take smaller. Now that I have had it a while (March 27, 2006) the wires cause the most discomfort except for when I sleep on my left side and really need to slide the thing around under the skin. It is possible to feel it in your heart when you tap the lead(s) but it doesn't hurt.
I am paced to fire 2 milleseconds apart and I think it is the right side first. Sometimes I have a hard time getting info in the doctors office but I will say that the tech support is very good and most questions that are not too specific can be answered by a techy over the phone.
I am fairly sure I was still getting improvement well after 6 mo, but did not keep a journal. One thing for sure is that it does hurt like hell for a while after you get it done. Make sure your doc can write for the proper pain meds. Mine couldn't and I did regret that. Pain is quite stressfull.

Thatch