Rythmol side effects
At the begining of March I started taking Rythmol in an attempt to get away from Amiodarone which I was taking to control my A-Fib. The dosage was gradually increased and for the last two weeks I was taking 450mg daily. The side effects were a messed up stomach and the worst was extreme fatigue,to the point that with my doctors approval I stopped taking the drug. If at all possible I do not want to go back to amiodarone We had started with Coreg as an alternative, but had to drop it as the dosage that would have helped my A-Fib, dropped my blood pressure below 90/60.
Has anybody had success in stoping A-Fib with other medication?
                           Regards Ian
Ian

Sorry to hear the rythmol didn't work out for you. I guess I've been lucky with it. The usual alternatives are sotalol (a beta blocker) and flecainide (a sodium channel blocker like rythmol). When I last posted a question to the CC Cardiologist about my chronic afib, he said he favors tikosyn (dofetilide).

Regards

Tony
I am on Rythmol for A Fib, 225 MG 3 times a day. It has helped my heart rate a lot. I also had to have a pacemaker inserted because my heart was so irregular it would go way down as well as way up.
I was put on Tenorman before the Rythmol and it helped a while and then the A-Fib returned. The Rythmol works for me and now the doctor says it's close to time for me to start backing down off of it. That scares me because I don't want the A-Fib back.
The Rythmol is making me very tired. I was wondering if anyone else had had a side effect like tiredness.