SEVER GROIN PAIN AFTER HEART CATHERIZATION
I am having sever groin pain after a heart catherization a week and 3 days ago,It keeps me from resting at night and if I stand, drive, or walk for any length of time the pain worsens. T he pain is on going, I have tried several meds to help the pain but nothing works. The doctor that did the cath said everything looks normal and said the pain will go away soon, But  the pain is worse everyday and I also have a nice size  Knot in my groin. PLEASE HELP ME.. IS THIS NORMAL?
It isn't normal, but can happen. The femoral artery runs over the femoral nerve, which is very painful if compressed. The knot you can feel is the angio-seal, which assists the artery with healing and dissolves over 90 days. This can put pressure on the artery, against the nerve. As the seal dissolves, the pressure lessens, relieving the pain. If the Doctor has checked it, this is the only thing I can think of. It should start to reduce in pressure after about 2 weeks.
If the pain continues, and is still there after 90 days (heaven forbid), then there is a chance that the femoral nerve was damaged at the site of the incision. In most cases it still heals, but can take a few more months. Most pain relief is muscle based and this is nerve pain, requiring a different type of medication which has to be prescribed.
Thank you for your comment, I did however go see my family doc this afternoon I could not take the pain anymore he said that an infection is building under the skin at the surgery site, he gave me some antibiotics and some other med, he also said that a blood clot could be forming, if I was not better by the weekend to come back and he would check for blood clot. I did want to thank you for commenting it is nice to knw you can reach out for help...
just a shame the Doctor who checked it first didn't do a very good job.
I just had a heart catheterization done 4 days ago, and I'm having the same problem. I have a knot that's getting bigger, and it's very painful to walk, stand, sit or even pee. It doesn't hurt in my bladder. It hurts to use the muscles. I have an auto immune deficiency so I tend to take longer to heal or get infections in the process. After reading your posts, I believe I'm going to call the dr today!
To everyone reading, most of your symptoms are normal. What you have to watch out for is the skin changing color and feeling warm. This is the sign of  possible bleeding under the skin. Go the the ER right away. The second main thing is bleeding at the puncture site. If this occurs, call 911 immediately. Put pressure in the site until help arrives. Let the ambulance take you to the ER, not someone else. The will be in communication with the ER and be reading to take care of you as soon as you get there.

I'm not a doctor but I do have a little experience. On Monday morning I had my 23rd heart cath with the placement of my 12th stent and 2nd angio done. If it is too sore or the knot feels too uncommon, got to the ER. Let them see if it's anything to worry about. Trust me, Ive been there.