Heart Disease Community
SMALL NAGGING PAINS ON TOP OF LEFT SHOULDER WITH LITTLE BRIEF PAINS IN ...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

SMALL NAGGING PAINS ON TOP OF LEFT SHOULDER WITH LITTLE BRIEF PAINS IN MY CHEST.....I FEEL LIKE THIS IS WEIRD & SCARY

FOR THE PAST FEW HOURS I HAVE BEEN GETTING THESE SMALL SORT OF PAINS ON THE TOP OF  MY LEFT SHOULDER AND SMALL LITTLE PAINS ON THE LEFT SIDE OF MY CHEST. NOTHING BIG BUT NAGGING. ALSO HAVING AN ISSUE WITH MY JOINTS AS THEY ARE ALL VERY SORE TO THE TOUCH AND IT FEELS LIKE MY SKIN IN BRUISED ON THE INSIDE OF MY JOINT BUT NOT IN ONE PLACE IN MANY PLACES.....WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON WITH ME????? AM I A HYPOCHONDRIAC WHO JUST FEELS THINGS BUT HAS NOTHING OR IS SOMETHING POSSIBLY BREWING WITH MY HEALTH???
I wouldn't say hypochondriac necessarily.  I would say hyper-aware.  That is what I'm calling myself.  I know that since my unexplained chest pains have come on I have become aware of every little twang, twitch and shimmy my body does.  Has your eye ever started just twitching for no reason??   I used to just find it annoying, now since I am watching every little thing, it makes me second guess it.  Luckily, I can still pretty much let it go.  It's just an example though---I know it's nothing.
I have the same pains. In fact, left sided chest and shoulder pain were my original symptoms (although they were sharp pains), so I wouldn't say you're a hypochondriac.

I think when we have symptoms that we've never had before, or have no explanation for, it's natural to worry.
thank you for your help :)
Dying of embarrassment oppose to dying of heart attack is something that I have never heard of before but I honestly think it sounds very true.
I have been having this crushing like pains in the middle of my chest for a long time now. It doesn't happen every single day but at least once a month and right before this crushing pain appears I get this pulsating feeling under my right side jaw bone and it also travels to my ear. I have normal BP but when I get these pains my BP goes very high (158/??? last time)....The thing is I have been getting these for like 4-5 years now and I always hear acid reflux or anxiety and I tell you I feel they are wrong. On a few instances in the last year I have been awaken in the middle of the night by this god forsaken pain in the middle of my chest but closer to my rib cage and it feels like something is tearing apart in my chest or my rib cage and something is just gonna break and it is scary as all heck.. When this happens or when I get these crushing chest pains I cannot even move my body and I have to take small breathes as it's hard to breathe. Every time I had a EKG (about 4) they came back normal but it was always after the pain subsided. I have never gone to the hospital or Dr. for that pain in the middle of the night ever so I;m not sure about that. I feel like they look at me like a hypochondriac so I let it pass...I also have periods when I start getting very nauseas and sweaty and feel like I am gonna pass out for no reason as well. I am getting my neck checked out for a MRI due to very bad migraine style headaches. The other thing i think is important is why am I losing my memory?? I can't remember from 1 day to the next on certain things ....like the other day I made my son an appt. for the next day and I went there at 5:15 and the appt. was at 3:30 but I did not remember so we missed it. I am only 43 so why am I feeling like this and why am I not feeling like I always have before. I rad an article about a thing called "aortic dissection" and the symptoms associated with it sounds just like me and how to I get tested for this. My uncle just died of a massive heart attack at 51 , my mom died of CHF at 60, my grandmother had heart problems and has passed away, now my aunt now has heart problems and he is like 49. All of these people are on the same side of the family as my dad who died of bone cancer at the age of 59 and I am his clone as I have inherited his genes . I thank you all very much.
I had a regular xray done on my neck 2 weeks ago due to bad migraines, neck pain , and constant numbness of my left leg when I sit down and on my righedt side arm and leg when I lie down so they wanted to check it out with a MRI. I got a cervical and a thoracic MRI last night and I will get the results tomorrow when I pick up a copy of it. I have recently started to ask for copies of testing and such as I am not sure if I trust all dr.'s anymore. I feel this way because our family practitioner who was a director of a health center actually committed suicide last year over allegations of child pornography. So, yes I have had lots to talk about.
Pollie,
I am asuming that you are a woman by your nickname. Women's heart symptoms are much more subtle than in men. I would get it checked out by a cardiologist just be sure. It is probably nothing, but I heard a cardiologist once say that when in doubt about the symptoms of heart problems that it is "Better to die of embarrassment in the ER, than to die of a heart attack at home".