Heart Disease Expert Forum
SSS and other trouble
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

SSS and other trouble

I was diagnosed with SSS in 1996 and got a pacemaker after a sinus arrest in the hospital (right place). lately I am experiencing very rapid heartbeat doing nothing. two times I was very dizzy, tried to read my BP which could not be read by my home device. I know that I also have orthostatic problems, but now I don't know what I should do. could there be a linkage with my lung problems as well? last ECG shows an enlarged left ventricle (?) but no-one paid attention to that.

- should the enlargement need to be checked out
- what is the chicken-and-egg here? BP down... HR up or the other way round?
- could it have something to do with the lung trouble? I am having severe COPD and have a lot of breathing difficulties.

docs suggested cordarone.... but there are so many side effects from those pills.... and with the lung meds??? not a good idea I guess? before I was on sotalol as well as digoxin. but I stopped taking those since it made me so dull....

last but not least another question: I need to have a mammogram done as well as an ultrasound of the breast. the pacemaker is implanted partly IN in breastmuscle. would that be a problem?

thanks so much for your time.