STABLE ANGINA
I am 58 and just been diagnosed with stable angina on exertion. Had all tests run on me with the conclusion that  I have early arthero. An angiogram revealed no blockage except one in a small secondary vesell , too small to put a stent. The doctor suggested medication and collateral vessels should developped.
Two questions:
1) I was lucky. This was a wake up call and I have already started a very agressive lifestyle risks management change program (much exercise, medication,aggressive healthy nutrition,no alcohol,loosing more weight, etc etc). My lipid chemistry is out of wack and I will ahve another blood test done in two months. After all those changes, I feel great .
WITH SUCH CHANGES FOR THE REST OF LIFE , CAN MY CONDITION BE STOPPED OR EVEN REVERSED??

2) The problem I have is when I exercise after 10 minutes I feel chest pain  that pushes me to relax for 5 minutes and carry on . I was told that with exercise, eventually that pain should go away with the formation of new colatteral vessels.  
HOW MUCH TIME WILL THAT TAKE  TO ELIMINATE THE PAIN, ASSUMING NEW VESSELS FORMATION ???

Thank You
Well you say you feel great, but then you have to stop after 10 mins of exercise. This isn't great I'm afraid :(
Let me explain something about your exercise and pain. Your cardiologist should have done this. When you feel chest pain, it's bad news. Your heart muscle is crying out saying I'm suffocating and being damaged. When you stop and relax, the pain goes away, but this doesn't mean the heart cells have recovered. It can take some time. Keep stopping and starting in bursts is going to cause permanent damage over time because when heart muscle dies, it stays dead. So, you should avoid all forms of exercise which are too strenuous for your heart. A slow gentle walk each day is fantastic. So is gentle swimming. It will still burn the calories. With regards to your collaterals, I'm not sure which research your cardiologist has read. The only way I know of that your collaterals will open, is if the blockage worsens because it's all based on pressure differences in the coronary arteries. This is how EECP forces them open. Nothing you do will reverse your situation, but changes can certainly stop it getting any worse. You have been told you can't have a stent, but if medication is not working enough for you to have a quality of life that you can enjoy, then bypass is probably an option. To simply send you away saying you will develop collaterals is, well, I think I will stop here. I strongly suggest you get a second opinion.