SVT and Exercise
If I have SVT and am having an episode, is it safe to exercise?  I am overweight and have been working with a personal trainer (and have lost 20 pounds).  I have a scheduled training session but for the last day or so have been having an episode.  Heart rate is not too high (between 110-130) but have some chest pain.

Thanks!
Steven
NO,NO,NO.......STOP!!!!!
YOU MUST REST UNTIL THE ATTACK REVERTS AND THEN FOR ANOTHER 24 HOURS TAKE IT VERY EASY! You risk heart attack or stroke if you don't. I've suffered severe attacks for over 15 years and I know all about this. I'm also overweight and know that the only way to lose weight is to STOP EATING FATTENING FOOD! Exercise by doing LEVEL walking. Not stairs or hills, and get that pain checked out. I'm 66 years old and all of these things have been taught to me by experts ....the best experts there are who happen to be fellow sufferers. Talk to your doctor, but PLEASE STOP!!!
I have PSVT where my HR can jump up to 150 - 198 bpm. If that happens while I'm working out, I stop until the rate kicks back to normal. Then I resume. When the heart is beating that fast, it doesn't pump well enough to take on the load of exercise as well.

You didn't mention what type of SVT you have. 110-130 is pretty normal for a mild exercise regimen.

What concerns me more is the chest pain. Have you had that checked out? That could be dangerous if it's heart related. See what your doctor says and get the OK to exercise from him/her. I exercise with my SVT issues, just stopping when it acts up.
Thanks for the replies.  I have been taking it easy the last few days and am pretty much back to normal.  Before starting exercising I did talk to the doctor and he said it was fine, but I had not specifically asked what to do if I had an episode.  My rate is back to normal and pain is almost gone.  I am trying to set up an appointment with my doctor this week.

Oh and I have cut out fatty foods altogether and have been on a good diet for a couple months, but I have found unless I am active I don't loose weight, which is why I started the exercise regime.  

I should note the episode did not start during exercise, but may have been related to my allergies.  I seem to have more episodes when my allergies are acting up.  Not sure if it is related or not, but they do seem to go hand in hand.
I think the final authority on when you can exercise and when not to will be your doctor. The doctor will know exactly what's going on in your heart and your general health issues. We all need exercise to stay healthy. Ask what you should do if your heart acts up during weights or treadmill or whatever you enjoy doing. Most likely s/he'll say to stop until the heart settles down again. And be sure to ask about the chest pain. That may require further testing.