SVT symptoms
When I have an episode of fast heart rate, many times it is preceeded by the following symptoms:  Start feeling very ill, almost flu-like, than get kind of a buzzing sesnation through my body right before my heart starts to race at which point I feel like I need to vomit.  I start to get extremely weak and somewhat shaky (I think due to the weakness).  It takes about two hours afterwards for my system to completely calm down after these. And now today, I'm still not feeling very well again, so there is definitely a long recovery period. My question is, are these SVT episodes?  I have had monitors and ekg and echo.  But I've never had one of these episodes while being monitored.  All my reports have shown is sinus tachycardia, one episode of SVT (even though I didn't have symptoms during it - so not sure if this is what I'm having symptoms from) and mild mitral and tricuspid valve regurgitation.  Does anyone else experience something like this?  IF so, what meds have you found have helped to control them.  I feel like I'm going to die each time this happens and it's happening way to often. Had to resign from my position at work due to how ill it's made me and I'm only 33... very frustrating :(
Thanks for any input/support.
Tas33      
Ask to wear a 30 day holter to be sure you catch the episodes on tape.  There's no other way to determine what kind of tachycardia it is.  I have SVT but have none of the symptoms you mention, but that doesn't mean you don't have SVT.  Speak with your doctor about trying again to record an episode.